This is the first time in about six years that I’ve felt settled. I signed a lease for my first grownup apartment (I have a living room AND a dining room, WHAAAT?!), so I’m really actually not going anywhere for at least a year.
For those of you who know me well, I can’t sit still in the same country, let alone the same neighborhood, for more than a few months. On top of that, this is the first time I’ve ever really been alone. This stands as the perfect time to start fresh, look inside myself, and really figure out who I am without any external influence.
Things I’ve found out so far?
- I didn’t actually know how to use a drill
- I love working with my hands
- I missed being outside
- I need to actively tell myself to take breaks
- Having a work-from-home job isn’t as great as it sounds
- Color-coded, prioritized to-do list whiteboards should be kept in your bedroom where the majority of your house guests can’t see the full extent of your crazy
Also, now that I don’t do web design for a living, I’ll try to get back to doing it for fun. I realized this week that my website has been broken for about a year now haha
Hopefully I can start blogging about some of the home DIY projects I’ve been tackling and the little bit of leisure travel I’m able to fit into a person-with-ten-vacation-days-per-year lifestyle.